HELICOPTER FIRE-FIGHTING NOGEPA 2.9B
Persons designated to act as Helicopter Landing Officer or Helicopter Deck Assistant at an offshore mining installation (without refuelling capacity) and not in the possession of a valid registration in the Personal Safety Logbook of the course; Member Fire-fighting and Rescue team Offshore NOGEPA 2.6A/B
Practical training in helicopter fire-fighting and rescue actions.
- Efficient extinguish a helicopter fire and the rescue of persons.
- Practical session in the use of breathing apparatus.
- Theory of fire fighting and risk during helicopter operations (landing / take off).
- The performance of fire fighting and rescue actions on the helicopter deck.
- Principles and procedures in working with breathing apparatus.
- Rescuing crew and passengers from a burning helicopter with use of breathing apparatus.
- Use of monitors, fire hoses and portable extinguishers.