COXSWAIN FAST RESCUE CRAFT NOGEPA 2.3B
Everyone who is designated to act as a crew member of a Fast Rescue Craft at an offshore mining installation.
Training the delegate in the theory and practice of determining the state of readiness, launching, taking on board a man overboard, and handling of the FRC's in use by the mining companies, and the performance of rescue operations with these FRC's
- Basic concepts of good seamanship determine a course and steer by compass, operate the equipment on board the Fast Rescue Craft..
- Check the state of maintenance and readiness of the Fast Rescue Craft.
- The execution of all procedures associated with launching, recovery and Man Over Board rescue operations.
- Take command in all situations that arise concerning the rescue of persons who have fallen overboard.
- Recovery and transport of a victim from the water.
- Search pattern with navigational aids e.g. compass, PLB, homing device, GPS equipement.