SURVIVAL AT SEA
Personnel who need to be trained in the basic principles of survival at sea but does not belong to (regular) ships crew of merchant ship or fishery vessel. Personnel working in the offshore wind need to participate in the GWO Sea Survival training.
To train the participant in de basic principles in survival at sea and familiarize with safety gear and equipment.
- Procedures in case of abandonment of a ship.
- Theory personal survival- and ship borne emergency equipment.
- Theory in personnel and group survival techniques.
- Basic knowledge of the risks of hypothermia.
- Practical session in survival at sea, personnel and group survival techniques.
- Launching a life-raft and right an inverted life-raft while wearing a lifejacket.
- Helicopter rescue and heli hoist.