PROFICIENCY IN FAST RESCUE BOATS
FRB STCW A-VI/ 2-2
Everyone who is designated to act as a crew member of a Fast Rescue Boat.
Training the participant in the theory and practice of determining the state of readiness, launching, taking on board and handling of the Fast Rescue Boats. The performance of rescue operations with these boats.
- Check the state of maintenance and readiness of the fast rescue boat.
- Basic concept of good seamanship, determine a course and steer by compass and operate the equipment on board the vessel.
- The execution of all procedures associated with the launching, carrying out of rescue activities and taking on board the vessel.
- Take command in all situations that arise concerning the rescue of a person who have fallen overboard.
- Sail search patterns.
- Bring a drowning person on board and transport this person.
- Pacing drill
- Use communications and signalling equipment to communicate with a rescue helicopter and a ship.