BASIC SAFETY TRAINING
BT STCW A-VI/ 1-4
All seafarers, mandatory minimum requirements according the international convention on Standards of Training Certification and Watch keeping for seafarers, STCW 2010.
Familiarization and basic safety training. Participants acquire a minimum level of understanding the circumstances and hazards and the control measures for these.
- Take precautions to prevent pollution of the marine environment.
- Don and use an immersion suit, personal and group survival techniques, survival at sea.
- Right an inverted life-raft while wearing a lifejacket.
- Fire prevention and fire fighting, including the use of breathing apparatus.
- Elementary first aid and transport of casualties.
- Personal safety and social responsibilities and fatigue.
- Comply with emergency procedures.
- Written tests, these must be completed with satisfactory results.