GWO SEA SURVIVAL
Personnel working on offshore wind farms during construction and or maintenance.
To train the delegates in acquiring a sufficient level of understanding of circumstances, hazards and skills in relation to safety techniques and basic emergency response actions, while working at (or traveling to and from) an offshore wind location (WTG).
- Danger and symptoms of hypothemia and drowning.
- Knowledge of life saving appliances (LSA) and personal protective equiment (PPE).
- Safe transfer from vessel to dock, vessel to foundation (TP) and vessel to vessel, boat transfers.
- Knowledge of the emergency and safety procedures on installations, vessels and wind turbine.
- Knowledge of SAR and GMDSS (Global Maritime Distress and Safety System)
- Recovery and first aid treatment of a “man over board”.
- Evacuation from an offshore wind turbine to water by means of 'Constant Rate Descender'.
- Sea Survival, personal and group survival techniques, sea rescue and helicopter rescue.