GWO SEA SURVIVAL
Personnel working on offshore wind farms during construction and or maintenance. The training will be registered in WINDA.
To train the delegates in acquiring a sufficient level of understanding of circumstances, hazards and skills in relation to safety techniques and basic emergency response actions, while working at (or traveling to and from) an offshore wind location (WTG).
- Recovery and first aid treatment of a “man over board”.
- Evacuation from an offshore wind turbine to water by means of 'Constant Rate Descender'.
- Sea Survival, personal and group survival techniques, sea rescue and helicopter rescue.
- Danger and symptoms of hypothermia and drowning.
- Knowledge of SAR and GMDSS (Global Maritime Distress and Safety System)
- Knowledge of the emergency and safety procedures on installations, vessels and wind turbine.
- Safe transfer from vessel to dock, vessel to foundation (TP) and vessel to vessel. Boat transfers including the use of Self-Retractable Lifeline (SRL) & twin fall arrest lanyards.
- Knowledge of life saving appliances (LSA) and personal protective equipment (PPE).