GWO FIRE AWARENESS
Personnel working on onshore and offshore wind farms during construction and or maintenance.
The aim of this course is to give the participants the basic knowledge and skills through theoretical and practical training to prevent fires, conduct initial and appropriate judgement when evaluating a fire, manage evacuation of personnel to ensure all are safely evacuated and accounted for in the event of an unmanageable fire and, if it is judged to be safe, to efficiently extinguish an initial fire by using basic hand held firefighting equipment.
- Knowledge of the development and spread of fire.
- Practical exercises in extinguishing a small fire.
- Correct actions for discovering a fire including correct use and fire extinguishing using firefighting equipment in a wind turbine.
- Decide which extinguishing agent should be used in given situation and the effects of extinguishing and combustible materials present.
- Identify any sign of a fire in a wind turbine environment.
- Knowledge of the contingency plans in a wind turbine environment, including smoke detection and emergency escape procedures.
- Knowledge of the causes of fires in wind turbines and the related dangers.