COMPRESSED AIR EMERGENCY BREATHING SYSTEM (CA-EBS) TRAINING
Personnel that are issued with Categorie A CA-EBS system (Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System) whilst travelling to and from offshore installations by helicopter and may be required to use a CA-EBS in the event of an emergency.
The objective of the training is to ensure that the delegate gains the required knowledge and understanding of the particular hazards and properties of a life jacket equiped with a CA-EBS system and appropriate practical emergency response actions to take should the requirement for emergency deployment arise.
- Donning the life jacket with CA-EBS correctly, including “buddy check”.
- The hazards associated with compressed air emergency breathing systems.
- The fundamental differences between re-breather and compressed air systems (technology and use).
- The rationale and use of compressed air emergency breathing system in helicopter emergency situations.
- An emergency deployment of the CA-EBS in a dry environment.
- LRS002 (Dutch) and Survitec Mk50 (U.K.) training life vests with Cat. A CA EBS system will be used.
- A pre-flight inspection of the life jacket and CA-EBS.