HELICOPTER LANDING OFFICER NOGEPA 1.1A
Persons designated to act as Helicopter Landing Officer (HLO) at an offshore mining installation.
Training delegates in theory and practice of the performance of all activities concerning helicopter operations at a mining installation both under normal conditions and in emergency situations.
- Leading and acting as controller during helicopter fuel loading operations, as well as keeping the relevant register and carrying out fuel quality checks.
- Radio procedures during arrival and departure and Processing documentation after landing concerning passengers and freight (including dangerous materials).
- Performance and registration of exercises regarding various emergency situations.
- Hazards of helicopter operations, dangerous areas, entry and escape routes
- Command and control the preparation of the helideck and associated (fire-fighting) equipment for landing and take-off of a helicopter.
- Leading and acting as controller for boarding and disembarking of persons and the loading and unloading of freight (including dangerous materials).
- Leading and acting as controller for loading the helicopter and the collection of data for determination of the weight of the helicopter.