HELICOPTER DECK ASSISTANT NOGEPA 1.3A
Persons designated to act as Helicopter Deck Assistant (HDA) at an offshore mining installation acting under the supervision of the Helicopter Landing Officer (HLO),
Training delegates in theory and practice in performing activities related to helicopter operations at an offshore mining installation, both under normal conditions and emergency situations.
- Carrying out fuel quality checks, fuel installation operations and refuelling a helicopter.
- Procedures and actions for starting the helicopter engines and any support provided.
- The loading of the helicopter and the collection of the data for the determination of the weight of the helicopter.
- Boarding or disembarking of persons and loading or unloading of freight (including dangerous materials).
- Performance of normal and emergency procedures, connected with the landing and takeoff of helicopters.
- Walk Arround Den Helder Airport.
- Preparation of the helideck and associated (fire-fighting) equipment for the landing and take-off of a helicopter.
- Hazards of helicopter operations, dangerous areas, entry and escape routes.