MEMBER / LEADER FIRE-FIGHTING AND RESCUE TEAM OFFSHORE NOGEPA 2.6B/2.8A
Persons designated as a member and leader of a fire-fighting and rescue team at an offshore mining installation.
To train the delegate in an offshore fire-fighting and rescue team in emergency situations and to lead a fire-fighting and rescue team offshore.
- The role of a fire-fighting and rescue team at a mining installation.
- Reacting to alarms e.g. proceeding to the muster station, selecting and donning the required personal protective equipment.
- Maintaining effective communication.
- Principles and procedures in working with breathing equipment and escape from smoke filled areas by using an escape mask.
- Delegating duties of the fire-fighting and rescue team members.
- Organizing exercises and assessing and evaluating team performance.
- Fire-fighting on indoor, plant and helicopter fires and rescuing victims.
- Assistance at incidents, e.g. gas escapes, oil and chemicals spills, as well as incidents with injured victims etc.