COXSWAIN FAST RESCUE CRAFT & COXSWAIN CONVENTIONAL & FREE-FALL SYSTEMS NOGEPA 2.3B/2.7B C&F
NOGEPA 2.3B/2.7B C&F
Persons designated as coxswain of a Fast Rescue Craft, Conventional and Free Fall Lifeboats.
Training of delegates in the preparation, launching and handling of Fast Rescue Craft and survival crafts in use at a mining installation. Performing rescue operations.
- Preparing the survival craft for launching and boarding of passengers
- Launching the survival craft and navigating the survival craft and moving to a safe zone.
- Search pattern with navigational aids e.g. compass, PLB, homing device, GPS equipment and recovery and transport of a victim from the water
- Take command in all situations that arise concerning the rescue of persons who have fallen overboard.
- Basic concepts of good seamanship determine a course and steer by compass, operate the equipment on board the Fast Rescue Craft.
- Check the state of maintenance and readiness of the FRC and the lifeboats.
- Launching and recovery of the life boats.
- The execution of all procedures associated with launching, recovery and MOB rescue operations including launching the FRC.