BASIS VEILIGHEIDSTRAINING VISSERSVAARTUIGEN
Fishermen working on a sea going fishing vessels and must comply with Article 44 Dutch Fishing Manning Order.
Familiarization and basic safety training. Participants acquire a minimum level of understanding the circumstances and hazards and the control measures for these. During the course there is special attention for safety on board fishing vessels.
- Don and use an immersion suit, personal and group survival techniques, survival at sea
- Fire prevention and fire fighting, including the use of breathing apparatus.
- Take precautions to prevent pollution of the marine environment.
- Elementary first aid and transport of casualties.
- Personal safety and social responsibilities and fatigue.
- General safety on board fishing vessels and prevention of accidents
- Fishing methods and specific risks of each fishing methode.
- Written tests, must be completed with satisfactory results.