OFFSHORE FIRST AID NOGEPA 2.2A
Everyone who is designated to perform first aid tasks in a first aid organization at an offshore mining installation.
At the end of the course, the delegate should have the required knowledge and skills in order to be able to render first aid to victims of accidents or acute sick persons at a mining installation. Accompany sick or wounded persons during transport from the workplace to the shore. Co-ordinate and assist in case of serious accidents with several victims. Manage the first aid equipment at the mining installation. Communicate effectively with the back-up doctor ashore and perform first aid actions o
- Basic principles of rendering first aid and personal hygiene before treating open wounds and use of first aid equipment.
- Giving injections into a muscle on indication of a physician.
- Immobilization of patients with suspected back and/or neck injury.
- Preparations for transport of wounded/sick persons.
- Communication and radio medical advice and keep medical administration up to date.
- First aid for unconscious patients, drowning and hypothermia.
- Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation and operating an automatic external defibrillator (AED).
- Simple wound treatment, use of bandages, stop bleeding, first aid at shock, immobilize fractures and the use of trauma scale.