COXSWAIN MAN OVERBOARD BOAT NOGEPA 2.3A
Everyone who is designated to act as a crew member of a Man Overboard Boat (MOB) at an offshore mining installation.
Training the delegate in the theory and practice of determining the state of readiness, launching, taking on board and handling of the MOB boats in use by the mining companies, and the performance of rescue operations with these boats.
- Basic concepts of good seamanship determine a course and steer by compass, operate the equipment on board the MOB boat.
- Check the state of maintenance and readiness of the MOB boat.
- Recovery and transport of a victim from the water.
- The execution of all procedures associated with launching, recovery and MOB rescue operations.
- Take command in all situations that arise concerning the rescue of persons who have fallen overboard.
- Search pattern with navigational aids e.g. compass, PLB, homing device, GPS equipment.
- Participating in a capsize drill.