COXSWAIN FAST RESCUE CRAFT & COXSWAIN CONVENTIONAL LIFEBOAT AND CAPSULES NOGEPA 2.3A/2.7A C
NOGEPA 2.3A/2.7A C
Persons designated as coxswain of survival craft (Conventional lifeboat or capsule) and the fast rescue craft on an offshore mining installation.
Training the delegate in the theory and practice of determining the state of readiness, launching, taking on board and handling of the MOB boats and lifeboats in use. The performance of rescue operations with these boats.
- Recovery and transport of a victim from the water.
- Search pattern with navigational aids e.g. compass, PLB, homing device, GPS equipment.
- Boarding of passengers.
- Launching the survival craft and navigating the survival craft and moving to a safe zone.
- Basic concepts of good seamanship determine a course and steer by compass, operate the equipment on board of the lifeboats.
- Maintaining the survival crafts and rescue boats in an operational condition.
- Preparing the survival craft for launching.
- Take command in all situations that arise concerning the rescue of persons who have fallen overboard.